ANOS Groups are found throughout Australia and New Zealand. Groups run monthly meetings, shows, field trips and provide a friendly environment to nurture your knowledge concerning our native orchid heritage.
In addition, many groups are engaged in the conservation of native orchids in their areas.
ANOS Groups are made up of friendly people who have years of experience in all facets of growing, showing and protecting our native orchid heritage.
All groups welcome new members and guests and visitors.
If any of the information below is outdated please contact : Webmaster.
Click here to find a Group in your State:
New South Wales , New Zealand , Queensland , South Australia , Victoria and Western Australia.
New South Wales
ANOS Central Coast
We meet 2nd Wednesday each month, 7:15pm benching with meeting commencing at 7:45pm. Narara Community Centre, 2 Pandala Rd, Narara 2250 (Click here to view with google maps).
- President : Gerry Smee mob. 0403 018 808
- Secretary : Neville Lee mob. 0405 536 553
All correspondence to either e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 3010 Erina NSW 2250
ANOS Far North Coast Inc.
We would like to inform you all the Australian Native Orchid Society FNC is joining the electronic community.
We now have an email address as our preferred contact option which is email@example.com.
- President : Kevin Foster 0410641773
- Secretary : Tony Trigger 0466994084
- Treasurer : Murray Smith 0473384908
Our Meetings are on the third Saturday of the month at the Lismore Library commencing at 1.30pm (excluding December and January)
Far North Coast Group will hold its annual Spring Show is to be held at Richmond Tweed Library Cnr Oliver Ave & Centenary Drive Goonellabah NSW 2480 on the 25th (Thursday), 26th and 27th (Saturday) of August 2022.
ANOS Illawarra Group
We meet at The Old Courthouse, Cliff Rd Wollongong 2nd Tuesday each month gathering around 7pm and starting at 7.30 (Click here to view with google maps).
- Vice President Barry Bush H. 42845781
- Secretary Bruce Porter H. 42848308 E. firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries can be directed to Bruce or Barry.
During the year we try to organise 2 field trips and a visit to a couple of members orchid houses.
To be advised
Late Spring Show
ANOS Macarthur and District
We meet 3rd Tuesday each month, 8pm. Birriwa Community Hall, Fitzpatrick Rd, Mt Annan.
- President : Wally Southwell : email@example.com 20 Colo Street, Couridjah, NSW 2168 – (02) 4681 8589
- Secretary : Ross Morrison : firstname.lastname@example.org 7 Pickett Ave, Minto NSW 2566. –
Website : http://macarthuranos.com/
Show Dates and Venues
ANOS Mid-North Coast
- Contact: John Zietsch 69 The Lakes Way, Forster NSW 2428 – (02) 6554 9733 email@example.com
President: Dennis Sinclair Ph: 02 6582 4809 Treasurer: Richard Murray Ph: 02 6584 8635 Meet on the 3rd Sunday each month, 12 noon, followed by BBQ. Contact for location – Taree or Wauchope.
Show / Events : Click Here to read more.
Club Postal Address: 7 Farley Close, Elermore Vale. 2287 NSW
Monthly Meetings: 4th Thursday at 7.30pm except December – Elermore Vale Community Centre 129 Croudace St Elermore Vale NSW 2287 (Click here to view with google maps).
- President : Tony Clarke 0404 770 864 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary : Greg Hannah 7 Farley Close, Elermore Vale. 2287 NSW Email: email@example.com
- Treasurer: Elvire Hochguertel 0401 167 099 firstname.lastname@example.org
ANOS Sydney Group Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Sydney Group Inc. Website.
The 3rd Friday of each month at 8pm. Baulkham Hills Community Centre Conie Ave (Off Seven Hills Rd) Baulkham Hills. (Click here to view with google maps).
- President: Barry Moore Contact: 0467 420 689 or email@example.com
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 4854 North Rocks NSW 2151
Show / Events :
ANOS Warringah Group Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Warringah Group Inc. Website.
Monthly Meetings: 3rd Tuesday at 8:00 pm – Senior Citizens Hall, Starkey Street, Forestville. (Click here to view with google maps)
- President : Trish Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary : Bruce Potter (email@example.com) / PO Box 421, Forestville NSW 2087
New Zealand Native Orchid Group
Click Here to go to the New Zealand Website
- Chairperson: Gael Donaghy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Pam Shearer – email@example.com
ANOS Beenleigh Inc.:
Click Here to go to the ANOS Beenleigh Inc. Website
1st Thursday of the month (except January) At Showgrounds Hall, James St Beenleigh Queensland 4207 (click here to view with google maps). at 7.30 pm
- President : Mr. John Hutchinson – 0419-007-063
- Vice-President : Mr. David Cleal – 0475-394-091
- Secretary : Rota Bishop – (07) 3805-1973 / PO Box 1130, Beenleigh Qld 4207
ANOS (Qld) – Kabi Group Inc. (Meets in Brisbane Area)
Click Here to go to the ANOS (Qld) – Kabi Group Inc. website
President: Warren Wilcox 0456 003 035 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Shelley Wilson 0408 831 811 email@example.com
Treasurer: David James (07) 33595752 firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: P.O. Box 424, Aspley, Qld 4034
Monthly meetings on 2nd Tuesday, February to December at 7.30pm in the Newman Room, Geebung RSL, 323 Newman Road, Geebung.
Click Here to view with Google Maps
Two shows held in April and August each year.
Click Here to view Flyers, Schedules and other information.
ANOS Mackay and District:
The Group meets on the 1st Sunday of the Month at the Mackay Botanical Gardens, Lagoon Street, Mackay Queensland 4740. (click here to view with google maps).
Visitors to Mackay are always welcome to our meetings.
- President: Mark Trindorfer 649 Greenhill Rd, Ilbilbie, Qld, 4738
- Vice President: Ron Bassan 6 Harvey’s Rd, Mackay, Qld, 4740
- Secretary/Treasurer: Arthur Pinkney 0458 754 083 – email@example.com / 24 Barton St, Mackay, QLD, 4738
The Group also have meetings at members residences.
Native Orchid Society of Toowoomba Inc.
1st Friday each month, 7.30pm. Gold Park, 341 Hume St. Toowoomba Qld 4350 (click here to view with google maps).
- President : Mathew Irwin 0405 162 794
- Secretary: David Jannusch 0423 673 012
- Mail: PO Box 18011 Clifford Gardens Qld 4350
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANOS Townsville Group:
Held on the 1st Tuesday of each Month commencing at 8pm at the Townsville Orchid Society Hall, Corner of Bamford Lane and Charles St. Kirwan, Queensland 4817 (click here to view with google maps).
- President: John Nuss 92 Curie Street, Wulguru, Queensland, 4811. (07) 4778-4311
Small but friendly group visitors very welcome.
Native Orchid Society of South Australia
Click Here to go to the NOSSA Website
Meetings are held monthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month (except December and January) Doors open at 7.15pm Meeting commences 8.00pm , at St Matthews Hall, 67 Bridge Road, Kensington, South Australia 5068 (click here to view with google maps).
At the society’s monthly meetings, a photo competition is held where members can submit their orchid photos. To see the current winning photograph and related article click here. Visitors are welcome.
Native Orchid Society of South Australia (NOSSA)
PO Box 14, Kensington Park S.A. 5068
Click here to contact us via a contact form.
NOSSA field trips offer the chance to see some of our exquisite orchids, as well as the opportunity to meet those who are knowledgeable about our native orchids. It is a good place to begin learning about orchids.
Bookings are essential. Click here to book.
Annual Spring Show
Every year, our growers host a show to showcase their best specimens, which are then judged by professionals. Also a variety of orchids are available for sale to the public, many which cannot be purchased elsewhere. Our shows are a chance for people to see some of South Australian native orchids as well as plants from interstate. Go to the Events page for details of the Spring Show
ANOS Geelong Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Geelong Inc. Website.
Every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm at Wesley Uniting Church Meeting Hall 100 Yarra Street, Geelong. (click here to view with google maps).
Parking is available in Yarra St and off Little Ryrie St. Little Ryrie St is one way so enter from Moorabool St Geelong.
Each month we have a local, interstate or overseas speaker giving a presentation on topics relating to Australian epiphyte orchids, terrestrial orchids or conservation
Members can bring in their orchids and display them on the benches at the meetings so that others may enjoy them.
We are not a judging society but each month the guest speaker is invited to select the orchid they consider to be the best plant on display.
- President : Neil Anderton email@example.com 4 Sutherland Street, Teesdale, Victoria 3328 Ph: 0352815382
- Secretary : Anita Hinton Hintonshideaway@gmail.com 609 South Street, Ballarat 3350 Ph: 03 53332338
ANOS (Melbourne Suburbs Group) Inc.
Where the Group meets: Montrose Primary School Hall Enter off Walker Road Montrose, 3765 , Victoria (Melway 52 D7) (click here to view with google maps).
When the group meets: Every fourth Wednesday of the month commencing at 7-30pm EXCEPT for December and January.
- President: John Sharam
- Secretary: Richard Johnson For queries go to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address for correspondence: P.O. Box 393 Officer Vic 3809
ANOS (Melbourne Suburbs Group) Inc welcomes visitors and new members to its activities covering all aspects of Australasian orchids. We promote the conservation, culture, breeding and exhibition of these plants and their wider appreciation by the general public.
Australasian Native Orchid Society – Vic Group (ANOS Vic)
Click Here to go to the ANOS Vic. Website
We meet at
Glen Waverley Community Centre 700 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley (Opposite Allen Street)
Melway: 71 / C4/C5
We meet monthly on the first Friday, except January (no meeting)
Members are encouraged to bring their plants for show / tell / questions / selling.
- President: George Byrne-Dimos – email@example.com
- Secretary: Susan Whitten – firstname.lastname@example.org / PO Box 308 Boronia VIC 3155
- Membership: Stan Harper – email@example.com / PO Box 5392, Pinewood VIC 3149
Monthly meetings/outings by epiphyte, terrestrial & seed groups; yearly tuber bank distribution;
conservation/weeding working bees and projects; monthly Bulletin packed with reports and info;
ANOS Western Australia Inc.
Group Meets at :
Wilson Community Hall, Braibrise Road, Wilson , WA 6107.
Time Group Meets:
New meeting day: 4th Tuesday of the month, 7:30pm
- President: Harry Ashton
- Secretary: PO Box 177, Greenwood, WA 6924
- Email: secretaryANOSWA@gmail.com
Western Australian Native Orchid Study and Conservation Group Incorporated
Click Here to go to the Western Australian Native Orchid Study and Conservation Group Incorporated Website.
During the principal orchid flowering season from March to November meetings are held at 7:30 pm in the Kings Park Administration Buildings off Fraser Avenue.
Visitors are welcome.
Following the general meeting formalities we discuss current orchid conservation matters and group and personal field trips. Members are addressed by a variety of speakers on a broad range of topics usually pertaining to orchids. Photographs taken by members are often shown at meetings, concluding with a light super.
- President: Jon Warren firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Pat Richards email@example.com