ANOS Groups are found throughout Australia and New Zealand. Groups run monthly meetings, shows, field trips and provide a friendly environment to nurture your knowledge concerning our native orchid heritage.
In additional, many groups are engaged in the conservation of native orchids in their areas.
ANOS Groups are made up of friendly people who have years of experience in all facets of growing, showing and protecting our native orchid heritage.
All groups welcome new members and guests and visitors.
If any of the information below is outdated please contact : email@example.com.
Click here to find a Group in your State:
ANOS Central Coast
We meet 2nd Wednesday each month, 8pm. Narara Community Centre, 2 Pandala Rd, Narara 2250 (Click here to view with google maps).
- President: John Andrews firstname.lastname@example.org – 0407 689 630
- Secretary: Mike Fish : PO Box 3010, Erina NSW 2250 – (02) 4340 5157
ANOS Far North Coast Inc.
We meet 3rd Saturday each month (except December), please contact the secretary regarding the meeting venue if you are wishing to attend, guests welcome.
- Secretary: Keith Skaines 2 Treelands Cres Ballina NSW 2478 – (02) 66866303
ANOS Illawarra Group
We meet at The Old Courthouse, Cliff Rd Wollongong 2nd Tuesday each month gathering around 7pm and starting at 7.30 (Click here to view with google maps).
- Vice President Barry Bush H. 42845781
- Secretary Bruce Porter H. 42848308 E. email@example.comAll enquiries can be directed to Bruce or Barry.
During the year we try to organise 2 field trips and a visit to a couple of members orchid houses.
Spring Show 2019
To be advised
Late Spring Show
ANOS Macarthur and District
We meet 3rd Tuesday each month, 8pm. Birriwa Community Hall, Fitzpatrick Rd, Mt Annan.
- President : Wally Southwell firstname.lastname@example.org 20 Colo Street, Couridjah, NSW 2168 – (02) 4681 8589
- Secretary : Ross Morrison 7 Pickett Ave, Minto NSW 2566.
ANOS Mid-North Coast
- Contact: John Zietsch 69 The Lakes Way, Forster NSW 2428 – (02) 6554 9733 email@example.com
President: Dennis Sinclair Ph: 02 6582 4809 Treasurer: Richard Murray Ph: 02 6584 8635 Meet on the 3rd Sunday each month, 12 noon, followed by BBQ. Contact for location – Taree or Wauchope.
Show / Events :
To be advised
Club Postal Address: PO Box 5079 Raymond Terrace East NSW 2324
Monthly Meetings: 4th Thursday at 7.30pm except December – Elermore Vale Community Centre 129 Croudace St Elermore Vale NSW 2287 (Click here to view with google maps).
- President : Tony Clarke 0404 770 864 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary : Carole Barnett 0417 114 209 email@example.com
- Treasurer: Elvire Hochguertel 0401 167 099 firstname.lastname@example.org
ANOS Sydney Group Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Sydney Group Inc. Website.
The 3rd Friday of each month at 8pm. Baulkham Hills Community Centre Conie Ave (Off Seven Hills Rd) Baulkham Hills. (Click here to view with google maps).
- President: Andrew Locke Contact: (02) 8824 6338 or email@example.com
- Secretary: Shoo Peng Siah contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Address for correspondence: 9 Alicia St, Glenwood, NSW, 2768.
All enquires to Andrew Locke Contact: (02) 8824 6338 or email@example.com
Show / Events :
Sarc Show: To be advised
ANOS Warringah Group Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Warringah Group Inc. Website.
Monthly Meetings: 3rd Tuesday at 8:00 pm – Senior Citizens Hall, Starkey Street, Forestville. (Click here to view with google maps)
- President: Bill Dobson (02)9981 2525 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Bryan Spurrs (02)9943 0474 / PO Box 421, Forestville NSW 2087
To be advised
ANOS New Zealand Native Orchid Group
Click Here to go to the ANOS New Zealand Website
- President: David McConachie – email@example.com 42 Titiro Moanna Rd., Korokoro, Lower Hutt 5012, New Zealand Ph: +64 4 586 0058
- Secretary: 22 Orchard Street, Wadestown, Wellington, New Zealand.
ANOS Beenleigh Inc.:
Click Here to go to the ANOS Beenleigh Inc.Website
1st Thursday of the month (except January) At Showgrounds Hall, James St Beenleigh Queensland 4207 (click here to view with google maps). at 7.30 pm
- President : Mr. John Hutchinson – 0419-007-063
- Vice-President : Mr. David Cleal – 0475-394-091
- Secretary : Rota Bishop – (07) 3805-1973 / PO Box 1130, Beenleigh Qld 4207
ANOS Kabi Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Kabi Inc. Website
We meet at
Isabella Griffin Room, Strathpine Community Centre, 199 Gympie Road, Strathpine (click here to view with google maps). 2nd Tuesday all months (except January)at 7.45pm.
- President: Graham Corbin
- Secretary: Marilyn Corbin – (07) 3399-9208 Postal address – PO Box 424, Aspley Qld 4034.
- Editor: Jenny Gall
ANOS Mackay and District:
The Group meets on the 1st Sunday of the Month at the Mackay Botanical Gardens, Lagoon Street, Mackay Queensland 4740. (click here to view with google maps).
Visitors to Mackay are always welcome to our meetings.
- President: Mr Ron Basson – 6 Harvey’s Rd, Mackay, Qld, 4740
- Vice President: Gordon Crichton – 47 Andergrove Rd, Mackay, Qld, 4740
- Secretary/Treasurer: Mr Arthur Pinkney (07) 4952-2186 – firstname.lastname@example.org / 24 Barton St, Mackay, QLD, 4738
The Group also have meetings at members residences and conduct bush walks.
Native Orchid Society of Toowoomba Inc.
1st Friday each month, 7.30pm. Lutheran Church Hall, corner of West St and Alderley St, Toowoomba Queensland 4350 (click here to view with google maps).
- President : Neville Rosenberger
- Secretary: Josie Wright (07) 4696-2150 Mobile : 0418153003 – email@example.com /PO Box 2141,Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350/106 Umbiram Rd, Wyreema QLD 4352
ANOS Townsville Group:
Held on the 1st Tuesday of each Month commencing at 8pm at the Townsville Orchid Society Hall, Corner of Bamford Lane and Charles St. Kirwan, Queensland 4817 (click here to view with google maps).
- President: John Nuss 92 Curie Street, Wulguru, Queensland, 4811. (07) 4778-4311
Small but friendly group visitors very welcome.
Native Orchid Society of South Australia
Click Here to go to the NOSSA Website
Meetings are held monthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month (except December and January) Doors open at 7.15pm Meeting commences 8.00pm , at St Matthews Hall, 67 Bridge Road, Kensington, South Australia 5068 (click here to view with google maps).
At the society’s monthly meetings, a photo competition is held where members can submit their orchid photos. To see the current winning photograph and related article click here. Visitors are welcome.
Native Orchid Society of South Australia (NOSSA)
PO Box 14, Kensington Park S.A. 5068
Click here to contact us via a contact form.
NOSSA field trips offer the chance to see some of our exquisite orchids, as well as the opportunity to meet those who are knowledgeable about our native orchids. It is a good place to begin learning about orchids.
Bookings are essential. Click here to book.
Annual Spring Show
Every year, our growers host a show to showcase their best specimens, which are then judged by professionals. Also a variety of orchids are available for sale to the public, many which cannot be purchased elsewhere. Our shows are a chance for people to see some of South Australian native orchids as well as plants from interstate. Go to the Events page for details of the Spring Show
ANOS Geelong Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Geelong Inc. Website.
Every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm at Wesley Uniting Church Meeting Hall 100 Yarra Street, Geelong. (click here to view with google maps).
Parking is available in Yarra St and off Little Ryrie St. Little Ryrie St is one way so enter from Moorabool St Geelong.
Each month we have a local, interstate or overseas speaker giving a presentation on topics relating to Australian epiphyte orchids, terrestrial orchids or conservation
Members can bring in their orchids and display them on the benches at the meetings so that others may enjoy them.
We are not a judging society but each month the guest speaker is invited to select the orchid they consider to be the best plant on display.
ANOS (Melbourne Suburbs Group) Inc.
Click Here to go to the ANOS Melbourne Suburbs Group Website
Where the Group meets: Montrose Primary School Hall Enter off Walker Road Montrose, 3765 , Victoria (Melway 52 D7)( click here to view with google maps).
When the group meets: Every fourth Wednesday of the month commencing at 7-30pm EXCEPT for December and January.
- President: John Sharam
- Secretary: Richard Johnson For queries go to firstname.lastname@example.org Address for correspondence: PO Box 169 Bayswater, VIC 3153
- Contact for Enquires and Membership. For queries go to email@example.com
ANOS (Melbourne Suburbs Group) Inc welcomes visitors and new members to its activities covering all aspects of Australasian orchids. We promote the conservation, culture, breeding and exhibition of these plants and their wider appreciation by the general public.
Australasian Native Orchid Society – Vic Group (ANOS Vic)
Click Here to go to the ANOS Vic. Website
We meet at
Glen Waverley Community Centre 700 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley (Opposite Allen Street)
Melway: 71 / C4/C5
We meet monthly on the first Friday, except January (no meeting); May – 2nd Friday
Members are encouraged to bring their plants for show / tell / questions / selling.
- President: George Byrne-Dimos – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Susan Whitten – email@example.com / PO Box 308 Boronia VIC 3155
- Membership: Stan Harper – firstname.lastname@example.org / PO Box 5392, Pinewood VIC 3149
Monthly meetings/outings by epiphyte, terrestrial & seed groups; yearly tuber bank distribution;
conservation/weeding working bees and projects; monthly Bulletin packed with reports and info;
Spring Show 2019
To be advised
ANOS Western Australia Inc.
Group Meets at :
Wilson Community Hall, Braibrise Road, Wilson , WA 6107.
Time Group Meets:
7:30 pm 2nd Monday of each month excluding January.
- Secretary: Lyn Morgan. (email@example.com) Ph. 08 9451 2164 99 Bywater Way, Wilson, WA.6107
Western Australian Native Orchid Study and Conservation Group Incorporated
Click Here to go to the Western Australian Native Orchid Study and Conservation Group Incorporated Website.
During the principal orchid flowering season from March to November meetings are held at 7:30 pm in the Kings Park Administration Buildings off Fraser Avenue.
Visitors are welcome.
Following the general meeting formalities we discuss current orchid conservation matters and group and personal field trips. Members are addressed by a variety of speakers on a broad range of topics usually pertaining to orchids. Photographs taken by members are often shown at meetings, concluding with a light super.